When you qualify a lead you need to ask the right question to get the right answer to move forward.
Most of the time, this exercise is simple, just ask the question.
- What is your budget for your project?
- Is your budget between xx to yy?
- Did you define a budget?
- What price the competitor offered to you?
- What is your ideal price? They love this question and if you agree on the pricing, this could be a win.
- Who is the decision maker? (the technician will valid the solution, the IT Manager the budget, the CFO the price and the lawyers the contract)
- Who will be involve in the project?
- Who do I need to convince?
- Have you done a RFP or RFI?
- Did you write the requirements?
- What do you want to achieve?
- Who is the target?
- Use open question to qualify the needs.
- Did you schedule a time-frame ?
- How much time do you give to yourself to achieve the project?
- Is your project a priority?
- This point is crucial because it will determine the next step of the sales cycle (demo, call, email, quote, etc.)